Health and Finess follow up -Barry Lee Crouse


 

 

           Today I received a email regarding a Certification course in Kickboxing Fitness from Florida and my thoughts on it.

 

 

            I have to begin by giving my history of Instructor's and Black Belts obtained please find below my history in the Martial Arts:

 

             1981 Cuyahoga Community College , Parma, Ohio 6 months Tae-Kwon-Do                 training no belt obtained.

             1983 Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio  6 months Aikido no belt              obtained.

             1983-1985 Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio, 2 years Tae-Kwon-                Do Green Belt Obtained under Grand Master Sang-Oh-Moon.

             1985-1988 Strongsville, Ohio 3 years Tae-Kwon-Do, Hapkido, Judo 1st                    Degree Black Belt Grand Master Ray Szuch.

             1989-1990 Berea Ohio Instructor Mike Parker, Hapkido.

             1993-1994 Cleveland, Ohio Instructor Tae-Kwon-Do.

             1995-1997 Lakewood, Ohio, Master M.S. Micchochero 2nd Degree Black                 Belt Obtained Tae-Kwon-Do and Hapkido.

             1997-1999 Cleveland, Ohio, Grand Master Ray Szuch 3rd Degree Black                     Belt Obtained.

             2000-2024 Free Style Created own Style based on years of training 4th                     Dan.

               In case some people do not know back in the 80's and early 90's the dojo usually had hard sparring allowing me the opportunity to hard spar with 3 world champions. When Insurance company's started to demand certain restrictions in these types of activities sparring was toned down. My injury's included cracked ribs, hematoma on ribs as well as swollen ankles, busted nose also training included cold weather no heat in the dojo to toughen a person up. Pushups where done on cement or hard surfaces knuckles. I also broke my knuckle and had to break 6 boards in 12 seconds completed also used a front snap axe kick to break 10 or 11 breakable boards. This was done because I could leg press 1,000 pounds meaning the amount of force applied was greater than the 1,000 pounds of pressure. My biggest opponent sparred with came in at 280 pounds at the time I weighed 175 lbs. I adapted to free style because I saw a 7th Dan Tae-Kwon-do kickboxing world champion crushed by a Muay Thai fighter do to low leg attack's hint champion was carried off the stretcher . This caused great concern and was a flaw in the system so my free style allows me to kick in the legs inside and outside knee low round house and attacks to the outer muscle of the Thigh area. I also included elbow attacks  vertical and horizontal. I completed last year at 61 years old 2024 summer time temperature in the 90's high humidity heavy bag 10 rounds 2 1/2 Minutes 30 second rest water bottle and towel this was completed body was drenched with sweat. Do not try this if you are not in very good condition health advisory. My power kicks I was able to use a right rear leg crescent kick to knock a 250 pound between 2-3 feet sideways. I worked on my leg left jabs, hooks, upper cuts, and over hand right using my boxing techniques to set up kicking combos this also included 45 degree left round house, lead left round house, instep and outstep crescent kicks, Left lead side kick, Front snap kicks switching stances in the process. I probably should be rated at a 7th Dan level based on years of training and black belt testing and certification. I do not know about 8th degree level and have not obtained it.

 

    If I consider training others it would be a tough situation in Washington State because of all the years of harsh training that shaped my attitude and or approaches in addition having served in the Ohio National Guard some of my sergeants served in Vietnam in combat positions by this I mean not in the martial arts but being a soldier living in Foxholes for 3 weeks as a example Grayling, Michigan.



02/13/2025


Barry Lee Crouse


 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Response to Google AI regarding "Barry Equality Field Equation"

Approved for 150th European Copyright-Barry Lee Crouse

Thoughts on 149th Copyright 02/02/2025