Health and Fitness update-Barry Lee Crouse

 


 

       I recently turned 62 years old. I will provide a Health and fitness update basically for one year.

 

        I completed last summer 2024 10 rounds of kickboxing 2 1/2 minutes with 30 second rest this was done at 61 years old. 

 

        In the fall of 2024, I did something I have not done in a very long time the bench press. When I was at 165 lbs bench pressed 360 pounds to give you some idea. I was able to complete 280 lbs 3 times in middle of December 2024 probably could have reach it 5 times but the main idea was to tie this into my kickboxing power along with this I took 10 pound dumb bells and practice my hand boxing exercises jabs, single and double punches. I began Kick boxing training in early January 2025 and doing the basic kick and hand drills right cross, left cross, left jab, upper cuts, left lead hooks, Muay Thai knee attacks front snap kicks, instep and out step crescent kicks, lead round house, 45 degree round house, Left lead side kick, turning side kick, basic foot sweeps. I also took a piece of string tied a crayon to the string and focused my punches and kicks promoting accuracy from the looks of it I feel a little bit more sharp when doing drills. 

 

        Diet wise my wife noticed I dropped some weight drinking herbal teas blood pressure on the electronic cycle shows improvement 4 minutes a level going between 20-25 minutes after kickboxing drills. I also drink a bottle of filtered water to insure hydration while training.

 

        I would like to provide a Independent thought from all this a lot of Health professionals like to preach but do not practice what they recommend also Government agencies should be given a annual PT test because I had to do this in the Army so Public Servants should be given the same test I had to go through namely fairness. I was driving home and heard on the radio in Bellingham Washington where a Principle and Assistant Principle held  a weekend party where there was underage drinking to me this says you are setting a bad example for healthy clean living similar to a drunken sailor with a credit card.  The next time agencies wish to tell everybody how to live it starts with you. In general I do not drink or smoke and have asthma so I am careful around smokers. As far as drinking I don't do this because if I want to be  a Martial Arts Master you have to live the life self denial of earthly pleasures. People who wish to be in positions of leadership need to set the example. I am a Sigma Male so I do not wish to rule or be ruled by others who cannot live with the standards they impose on others namely hypocrisy.



 01/28/2025

 

Barry Lee Crouse 4th Dan

https://barrycrouse.me

        


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Response to Google AI regarding "Barry Equality Field Equation"

Approved for 150th European Copyright-Barry Lee Crouse

Thoughts on 149th Copyright 02/02/2025